Recently I have gone through the latest Agenda of the City Centre Advisory Board and found some very interesting items. I will endeavour to post updates from Agenda’s in the future if anything new pops up as I think many of you will be interested, as it contains updates on the upgrades that are funded by the City Centre Targeted Rate, including projects from the City Centre Masterplan.
The first item of note is from the March meeting which has attached the latest budget for the City Centre Targeted Rate
So what is coming up 2017/2018:
- The completion of the Freyberg place upgrade
- Myers Park Upgrade
- More Britomart streetscape upgrades
- Karangahape Road Upgrade
- Stage 1 of the upgrade of Hobson/Nelson Streetscape tying into the construction of the Convention Centre
- Stage 2 of the Federal Street Laneway between Wellesley St & Mayoral
So when are some of the big named projects to be funded:
- Federal Street extension to Fanshawe Street – 2020 – 2022
- Quay Street Boulevard – 2024 – 2025
- Hobson Street Flyover Removal – 2024 – 2025
- High Street – 2023 – 2024
The updates for April are:
- Britomart Streetscapes – Stage 2: Galway Street (east) is planned for completion in June.
- Ellen Melville Centre and Freyberg Place Upgrade is in progress.
- Myers Park Upgrade – Stage 2 is going to be re-tendered.
- Karangahape Road Streetscape Enhancement and Cycleway – Further engagement will happen later this year.
- Federal Street upgrade – Stage 2 tender has been released.
- Hobson and Nelson Street upgrade construction to potentially start this year or early 2018.
Some of these great projects, however, feel so far away I wonder if anything could be done to accelerate them.