Back in December, I posted the response from the NZTA regarding a breakdown of CAPEX costs for each intervention. However, over $13b of the costings was just put as other. I now have the breakdown of the other costings from the NZTA. NZTA would like us to note this is indicative, the costs are not inflation adjusted and each project requires a business case before proceeding.
The highlights or lowlights depend on how you feel about a project. Some of my key observations were:
- More interchanges such as at rail stations like Avondale & Henderson, as well as bus/bus interchanges such as at Pt Chev.
- Better station access with a northern entrance to Newmarket Station, Greenlane station access, as well as an issue I have written about before providing better access to Sylvia Park Station.
- More motorway spending with an SH16 Kumeu Bypass at $424m, $300m for Greenland/Ellerslie-Panmure Highway interchange upgrades, $245m for 6 laning to Wilks Road Dairy Flat, $105m for 3 laning eastbound SH18, $80m for 3 laning westbound Upper Harbour Bridge, $72m for more Maioro interchange upgrades, $55m for Drury South interchange, $50m for 4 laning northbound from SEART to Ellerslie-Panmure Highway, $150m for braided ramps betwen Khyber Pass & Gillies.
- Countless billions on TFUG Greenfield roading projects.
- Bus Lanes to Howick but not until decade 2, bus lanes for the 31, 237m for more bus priority.
- $957m for walking & cycling including Seapath.
- A budget for a Wellesley St Bus Corridor & Wynyard Quarter bus interchange bringing again into question why do AT want to put buses down Victoria?
- A new Rosedale Station & an upgraded Te Mahia Station possibly meaning its stay of execution may be permanent.
So what do you think?