Recently I noticed that AT often do smaller online consultations all the time, as far as I know these are not shared widely. As a result I have decided to do a post every now and again on all the small consultations that are happening giving people the opportunity to share their thoughts with AT from Crossings to Bus Lanes to Parking. The ones to look out for below are the Mt Eden Road Bus Lanes and the pedestrian improvement consultations.
Please take a look through and complete the AT online consultation forms where you can, also don’t forget to consult on the three major cycle consultations in Westhaven, Herne Bay & Parnell talked about on the blog here, as well as the Mt Albert Consultation where cycle lanes are being proposed to be removed from the plan as discussed on the blog here.
Consultations that interested me
- Mt Eden Rd bus network improvements – Proposal to add Bus Lanes on Mt Eden Road from Roskill Way to Grahame Breed Drive, the New Bus Lanes + some existing ones would be 7-10 & 4-7 from Roskill Way to Mt Albert Road, two signalised crossings will be added for pedestrians & bus stops improved by changing the position and length of some. Closes 18.12.2016
- Meadowbank Rd and Manapau St – intersection upgrade – Proposal to upgrade the intersection by narrowing the intersection, adding a refuge island, and adding no stopping restrictions. Closes 16.12.2016
- Ladies Mile, Ellerslie – pedestrian crossing improvements – Adds new footpath, a raise crossing across Ladies Mile nearish the Town Centre & adds some no stopping restrictions. This is my area, personally I think the crossing needs to be at the end as that would better assist those crossing in the Town Centre & another one needs to be added across Main Highway for safer access to the Buses & Train Station. Closes 15.12.2016
- Hayr Road, Three Kings – pedestrian crossing improvements – Proposal to improve crossing. Closes 15.12.2016
- Eaglehurst Road, Ranier St, Laud Ave and Gavin Street, Ellerslie – local area traffic management – Proposal to add speed tables & install new speed humps due to complaints of speeding. Closes 13.12.2016
- View Road, Mt Eden – Pedestrian crossing and intersection improvements – Proposal for Pedestrian Improvements on View Road. Closes 14.12.2016
North Shore Consultations
- Bay Street, Red Beach – Speed Table Upgrades – Consultation on the upgrade of speed tables to a Bus Friendlier design which will result in less noise for the residents. Closes 16.12.2016
- Cresta Avenue, Beach Haven – New parking layout and No stopping at all times restrictions – AT say changes are required due to the presence of the sports ground in the area which attracts high volumes of parked vehicles at peak times. These changes would help make it clear where vehicles are able to park, while also making efficient use of space. Closes 16.12.2016
- Locket Road, Glenfield – no stopping at all times restrictions – Proposes no stopping restrictions on areas that have visibility issues. Closes 12.12.2016
- McBreen Ave and Exmouth Rd, Northcote – No stopping at all times restrictions – Same as above. Closes 12.12.2016
- Raines Ave, Forrest Hill – No stopping at all times restrictions – Same as above. Closes 12.12.2016
- Schnapper Rock Road, Albany – No stopping at all times restrictions – Same as above. Closes 15.12.2016
- Riverside Road, Orewa – Installing a new bus stop for school buses – Proposal to add new Bus Stop for School Buses at School Times for Orewa College
- Santiago Crescent, Unsworth Heights – No stopping at all times restrictions – Same as above. Closes 14.12.2016
- Waiatarua Road, Remuera – parking change outside Meadowbank School – Proposes Pick Off/Drop Off for Meadowbank School. Closes 22.12.2016.
- Tamaki Dr, Orakei – No Stopping at All Times restriction – AT propose a no stopping restriction due to the location of this driveway, there is reduced access and visibility for cars entering or leaving the Tamaki Yacht Club when cars are parked near the driveway. Closes 16.12.2016.
- Mays Rd, Onehunga – no stopping at all times extension – Proposes no stopping restrictions on areas that have visibility issues. Closes 14.12.2016
- Cape Horn Rd, Waikowhai – no stopping at all times restrictions – Same as above. Closes 14.12.2016
West Auckland Consultations
- Metcalfe Rd intersections, Ranui – Proposal for no stopping restrictions to be added due to parking happening to close to intersection. Closes 12.12.2016
South Auckland Consultations
- Rylock Pl, Pakuranga Heights – Give Way junction – Proposal to add centre line, add no stopping restrictions & add a give way sign. Closes 16.12.2016
- Canon Pl, Pakuranga Heights – Give Way junction – Same as above. Closes 16.12.2016
- Victoria Ave and Colombo Rd, Waiuku – Pedestrian Crossing Improvements – Proposal for splitter islands, pram crossings and adding no stopping restrictions. Closes 15.12.2016
- Dennis Avenue and Grande Vue Road, Manurewa – Pram Crossings – Proposal for Pram Crossings & narrowing of intersection for smaller crossing distances. Closes 16.12.2016
- Greenmeadows Avenue and Myers Road, Manurewa – Splitter Island – Proposal for Pram Crossings, Splitter Island & no stopping restrictions. Closes 16.12.2016
- Sterling Avenue and Myers Road, Manurewa – Splitter Island – Same as above. Closes 16.12.2016
- Claude Road and Alfriston Road, Manurewa – Splitter Island – Same as above. Closes 16.12.2016.
- Mcannalley Street and Great South Road, Manurewa – Splitter island– Same as above. Closes 16.12.2016.
- Walpole Avenue, Manurewa – Kea Crossing – Proposal for Kea Crossing & no stopping restrictions. Closes 16.12.2016.
- Hill Road, Manurewa – Refuge Island – Proposal for refuge island, moving the bus stop, installing pram crossings & & no stopping restrictions. Closes 16.12.2016
- Coronation Road, Mangere Bridge – Zebra Crossing Upgrade – Proposal to upgrade side islands, install catch-pit & upgrade lighting. Closes 12.12.2016